Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Self-Reflection Questions

Reconstruction Debate

  1. How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?
    1. I felt confident when our group was planning our speeches. The group I was in was an all boy group, but we were all good presenters.
  2. How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?

I felt happy that I was going to present, because I had done well on a previous presentation and I thought I would do well again. I also felt nervous because I was presenting in front of the DLC8 and I didn’t want to do bad and embarrass myself.

  1. How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?

While I was presenting, I felt good, but when I heard how I was speaking, I felt bad. I kept stuttering, and losing my spot on the page. When I tried to find my place in the page, I would jump to a new spot, and forget the say some stuff.

  1. What did I personally do well?

All I did well was my speech. On Friday towards the end of school, I told my group members my speech and they said it was good.

  1. What did not go as desired in this presentation?

Everything that happened didn’t go as desired. I kept forgetting what I was saying, stuttering, and trying to make eye contact, but to no avail.

  1. On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.

3; I couldn’t really understand what Lincoln’s Proclamation of Amnesty was saying, and the other Radical that was pointing out the errors, wasn’t who I wanted to work with, so I rode solo on my part. Without any help from the other group, it was harder to understand the content, and write the speech.

  1. How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?

I think that my group member perceived me as having a lot of information, but also being a slacker. I got my work done on time, but a lot of people perceived me as a slacker.

  1. How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?

I think the 8th graders perceived me as not a good presenter, and someone that should have taken another role, smaller than the one that I had. I think this because of me not presenting well that day, they wouldn’t want me in their group to present, based on how I did.

  1. Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?

I would practice more, so that I would know my lines better. I kept losing track of what I said, and where I was reading from on the page. Also to not look at the 8th graders, and look at only the seventh graders. That way I fell that I am presenting to the people I know, and that I won’t get nervous.

  1. What are my strengths in groups?

I can make an all right presentation, but I’m not the best. If I have enough time to practice my lines, and I really understand what I’m talking about, I can be a really good presenter.

  1. What areas do I need improvement?

I need to work on not getting stressed, and to get my work done on time. Also to prioritize.

  1. What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?

I learned that I need to work on my “people skills”. What I mean by this, is to not get super nervous while presenting. During TWIF presentations, I really knew what I was talking about, and I had people coming to me saying that I had the best presentation. During the Lincoln Douglas Debate, I had to fill in for another person in my group because he could not finish his presentation part. I didn’t do too well during this project, and I think it was because I was presenting in front of the morning class, and I didn’t know them too well. During this previous debate, I had to present in front of the 8th graders, and I didn’t want to embarrass myself, and I didn’t know them either.

  1. Are there any other things that I need to express?

I don’t need to work with Sinai. Together in a group, we would mess around, and not get our work done. I would like to not work with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment